Sunday, May 2, 2010

Do Gangsters Really Keep It Gangster?

Do gangsta's really keep it gangsta when taking a shit? Have you ever pondered this question? I have, and I see it like this: If you're gonna be that way you have to rep. to the fullest in all aspects of what you do.

So picture a movie like Friday, Boyz in the Hood, Don't be a Menace, and Training Day, etc., the list goes on. You get a "depiction" of the gangsters in South Central, LA, and the lifestyle that is attached. So the homies are chillin in the backyard or posted up on the porch, keepin tabs on the neighborhood. Usually they don't own the house and it's their parents or their grandmama's house. So the scene is set with 40's and swishers, most likely washing the rims on the hooptie, and bangin beats for the whole neighborhood to hear. Suddenly the homie Joker needs to use the bathroom.

"Ay man why you buggin?"
"Nah cuzz, I'm cool but I gots to take a shit. Who in the bathroom?"
"Just my triflin'-ass sister, always gotta be up in there."

So Joker waits till the sister is out of the bathroom, and the pain gets worse. Finally he gets to go to the bathroom.

"Oh snap, I'ma go take a shit. I'll be back in a minute."
"Handle that shit dogg"
"Don't even trip. I'ma put it down"

So when he goes to the bathroom, does he keep it gangster? I mean, I guess you have to put it down like a G. Does that mean you represent while your in there?

Next we have the instance of someone slippin and they get caught up. Wrong place, wrong time, etc. So a beat-down is about to start, and what happens then? Do you put the beating on hold cause you have to go to the bathroom. Do gangsters say "hold up fo I beat yo ass, I'ma take a shit, and when I come back I'ma beat yo ass. And if you ain't there is gon' be worse?" I mean, sometimes nature calls. But you gotta handle everything you do.

Then we have the gangster thats got a job. Well, I guess if you had too good of a job that wouldn't be gangster. Shadow got through school and now works for the home-loan industry with one of the big banks. He finds it hard to be gangster all day, because he cant call customers and say things like "Ay. If we don't see the feria by 4 o'clock, word is born." How are you supposed to represent in there? Some of these guys go to work and are like "Hello this is Raul Miles, I'm calling to see if you're interested in a re-finance on your home loans" Then they get off work...

"Ay. What's been good today carnal?"
"You know, ese, I jus got down and amortized some loans and shit. I put a lean on this one fools casa, cause I anit seen no feria"
"For reals?"
"Don't get it twisted homie. You know how I do. I represent to the fullest"

So you see, the inherent problem is that gangsters cant keep it ganster all the time. Or do they? I mean I guess one could "bang" on their dishes, "mob" on the floors, and "handle" that trash to the fullest, but that would be kind of stupid. And do gangstas keep it that way with their Mama? Hell no, mama would still whoop their ass out of the house for not acting right.

What we do know is that gangsters come in all shapes and colors. Let's not get started on those sheet-wearing clowns down south. Wimps. And the mob, vegas, and honestly the banks and wall street and the stock market. If you really look at it, its just "legalized gangbangin." Banks undercut eachother, and move money in the same way that the streets move. Someone gets arrested for insider trading, just as someone gets a beat down for being a snitch. It's all the same when you play the game. And there's a hood tax. If you move too much dope in your neighborhood, you're going to get checked. You have to pay. I have a friend that this happened to. He was selling weed, and sure enough the streets checked him. He had to pay his dues. (With a gun pointed at him.) On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have the IRS. They'll find you too, minus the guns.

So in the end, it all leads back to the original quetion, and when it comes down to it, do gangstas keep it gangsta with everything they do? In the end, it's not about keeping it gangsta, just keep it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment